During the one-hour monthly Webinars, AOPA experts provide the most up-to-date information on a specific topic. Webinars are held the second Wednesday of each month at 1:00 PM Eastern. One registration is all it takes to provide the most reliable business information and CE Credits for your entire staff. If you’ve missed a Webinar, AOPA will send you a recording of the webinar and quiz for CE credits, so you can still take advantage of the series discount and the valuable learning opportunities.
|Per Seminar||Sign Up for the 2018 Full Year Series & SAVE!|
AOPA members use code “member” when registering for the $99 price.
*Includes an unlimited number of participants per telephone line. Earn 1.5 Business CEs each by returning the provided quiz within 30 days and scoring at least 80%. All webinars begin at 1 p.m. Eastern.
Webinar registration fees are non-refundable. AOPA can provide the webinar recording if registrants cannot make the scheduled webinar.
2019 Monthly Webinars
|January 9||Understanding the Knee Orthoses Policy|
Hear an in-depth review of the KO LCD & Policy Article including:
• Examine which additional codes can be used with each base code
• Determine what documentation is needed for each type of knee orthoses
• Determine when you may use the KX modifier on a KO claim
• Review the Reasonable Useful Lifetime of all knee orthoses
• Review all other pertinent information found in the LCD & Policy Article
|February 13||Patient Outcomes: Best Practices & How to Use Them|
This webinar will focus on the principles of developing and using patient outcomes in your practice:
• What exactly are “patient outcomes”
• Why you should pay attention to patient outcomes
• Best practices for tracking patient outcomes
• How to track patient outcomes
• How to use patient outcomes to improve care and your business
|March 13||Advanced Beneficiary Notice: Get to Know the ABN Form|
Examine the proper usage of the ABN form, and how it is a valuable tool in protecting your financial liability:
• Learn when an ABN is appropriate, examine common scenarios of when an ABN should be used
• Learn to use the ABN when billing for upgraded features
• Learn how the ABN can ensure a partial payment for services rendered
• Learn to avoid the common mistakes, which can make your ABN invalid
• Learn to understand all the modifiers associated with an ABN
• And more...
|April 10||Shoes, External Breast Prostheses, Surgical Dressings and Other Policies|
The webinar will focus on some of the often-overlooked policies in O&P, including the Surgical Dressing Policy and the External Breast Prostheses Policy:
• Review the nuances of the Therapeutic Shoes for Persons with Diabetes Policy
• Review the Orthopedic Shoe Policy and when the L3000 series of codes are covered
• Review the External Breast Prostheses Policy
• Learn when and how compression garments are covered
|May 8||Are You Compliant-Know the Supplier Standards|
This webinar will examine the Medicare Supplier Standards and help you determine your level of compliance, and what you can do to remain compliant. Some topics of discussion will include:
• Do you have a proper contract with your vendors on file?
• Are you required to have a surety bond?
• Can you use contracted employees?
• What happens if you’re non-compliant with the Medicare Supplier Standards?
• Tips for preparing and passing a Supplier Standards site inspection
|June 12||Documentation-Understanding Your Role|
With the changing rules regarding orthotist’s and prosthetist’s documentation, this webinar will explore your role in documenting medical necessity. Topics for review will include:
• What needs to be documented?
• What does the physician have to document?
• Are there any special rules for O&P notes?
• What has changed with the new Dear Physician letter
|July 10||T.P.E – Get to Know the Program & What the Results are Telling You|
A review of the most recent T.P.E audit results released by the DME MACs:
• What claims are being denied?
• What are the common denial reasons?
• What steps you can take to avoid future denials?
|August 14||Are You Ready for the Worst: Contingency Planning|
• Are you prepared, in case your daily operations are disrupted due to events beyond your control (e.g fires, floods, blizzards, etc.)?
• Do you have all the proper insurance coverage in place?
|September 11||Veteran Affairs Updates: Contracting, Special Reports and Other News|
Receive an update on the VA’s current and proposed rules that may have an impact on the O&P field:
• The 2017 proposed rule for Prosthetic & Rehabilitative Items & Services
• The VA OIG Report on Miscellaneous Codes
• VA Contracts and contracting
• And more...
|October 9||Performance Reviews: How is Your Staff Doing?|
• Are you identifying your top players?
• What are the best metrics to use in your reviews?
• When is the best time to give reviews?
• And more...
|November 13||The Holiday Season-How to Provide Compliant Gifts|
Demonstrate your appreciation to patients and referral sources while adhering to the guidelines surrounding gift giving. The webinar will explore the following topics:
• When are gifts to referral sources acceptable?
• When are gifts to patients acceptable?
• What do you need to know about the federal anti-kickback regulations?
• What are some tips for creating a compliant gift-giving policy?
|December 11||New Codes for 2020, Other Updates and Yearly Round-Up|
A look at the new codes and fees for 2020, and a review of the year’s coding/billing reminders and a look at any upcoming policy changes.
• How are new codes created?
• How are fees established?
• When are policies updated?
• And more...
Questions, contact Ryan Gleeson at rgleeson@AOPAnet.org or 571/431-0876.