Use Social Media to Promote Your Session
AOPA encourages World Congress speakers to utilize their social networks before, during, and after the event to help market their session and gain exposure as an expert on this topic. Below you will find tips and examples to help you jump-start your individual social media strategy. We’ve also included a list of social media channels where AOPA is active. We look forward to your participation at the 2017 World Congress.
Official Hashtag: #AOPA2017
Please include the official hashtag (#AOPA2017) each time you post a message that pertains to AOPA or the World Congress. A hashtag is simply a word or phrase preceded by a hash mark (#), used within a message to identify a keyword or topic of interest and facilitate a search for it. So whenever a user adds a hashtag to their post, it is immediately indexed by the social network and searchable by other users. The hashtag will enable people to easily find your information, as well as alert AOPA about your post so we can assist you in your promotion efforts.
- I’m excited to announce that I’ve been selected to speak at the 2017 AOPA World Congress and Centennial Celebration on <topic>! Check out my recent post on the topic! #AOPA2017
- Join <co-presenter’s name> and me as we present <topic> at 2017 AOPA World Congress and Centennial Celebration! #AOPA2017
- <Ask a question relating to your sessions topic>? Learn ________________at my AOPA World Congress 2017 session! #AOPA2017
- <Link to a recent article on your topic.> <Make a statement about your topic>! Join me this September to learn ___________________ at AOPA’s 2017 World Congress and Centennial Celebration. #AOPA2017
- I’m headed to Las Vegas, NV to speak about <topic> at the 2017 AOPA World Congress and Centennial Celebration …I hope to see you there! #AOPA2017
Many times when using social media you not only want to shrink a link, but you also want to be able to track the number of people who have checked the link. If you are posting to social media, consider creating a free bit.ly.com account so you can do both.
Include a photo! Whether it’s one from the event website or one you take of the speakers, posts with images generate 53% more engagement than those without. You can download our event logos by visiting http://bit.ly/worldcongresslogo.
In addition to including the official event hashtag, remember to include the World Congress website URL, opworldcongressusa.org. This will enable your followers to receive information about the event.
During the World Congress, make sure to download our app, AOPA 365 and then post on the activity feed to create buzz for your presentation.
Connect with AOPA—we are only a click away!
|AOPA 365 app
Have questions? AOPA staff is here to help.
Lauren Anderson, Manager of Communications landerson@AOPAnet.org
Ryan Gleeson, Meetings Assistant email@example.com.
Share Your Memories:
Visit www.AOPA100.org to share your photographs, memorabilia, and memories with AOPA.