With the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) we are in uncertain times, with apprehension about providing current and future O&P care at unprecedented levels. In addition, we know managing the needs of your staff is difficult. AOPA is here to help our members navigate this rapidly evolving situation.
Below are a set of resources and information to guide you in providing care and running your business. Also below are the actions AOPA has taken on behalf of its members to ensure care can still be provided while keeping staff safe.
We will keep you updated via email, on this webpage, and through our social media channels with the latest responses and resources. In the meantime, do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
AOPA has been aggressively advocating on behalf of our members to ensure that the unique needs of the O&P community – practitioners, suppliers, and patients – are taken into consideration when drafting relief legislation. On March 27 Congress passed the CARES Act to help provide financial relief, read the provisions here (3/27/2020).
Recording of AOPA Telehealth Townhall (5/19/2020)
Additional Provider Relief (4/28/2020)
Recording of AOPA COVID-19 Townhall (4/12/2020)
CMS Payments to O&P Providers (4/10/2020)
Guidance on Documentation and Telehealth Waivers (3/18/2020)
Guidance on working with VA facilities: With regard to the current COVID-19 crisis, VA facility directors (and their supporting Veteran Integrated Service Network) determine the guidance for their medical center, locally, with regard to outpatient services, scheduling of patients, coordination of care, etc. Vendors and contractors for O&P services should contact the local VA facilities with which they do business to discuss questions or issues related to services they are providing to that facility, or to the Veterans from that facility they are serving. (3/25/2020)
In an effort to helping our members during this challenging time, AOPA has submitted a request for CMS to consider a settlement of claims pending ALJ adjudication. This letter serves only as an initial request to open a dialogue. No settlement is currently being negotiated. AOPA will continue to provide updates regarding this effort. If you have any questions, contact Joe McTernan at jmcternan@AOPAnet.org
- See how other members are responding, visit the Member to Member resources on the AOPA Co-OP. This page includes responses, guidelines, and resources developed by AOPA members. We encourage all to share responses, guidelines, and resources via the Co-OP or by email to email@example.com.
- For state-specific guidance, including state government orders and feedback from local O&P facilities visit your state’s page on the Co-OP.
AOPA members and all your employees have the ability to access AOPAversity for FREE for the rest of 2020.
- Don’t already have an AOPAversity profile? Click here to create a profile. You will need your member ID and zip code when you create your profile to access the free offering.
- Already have a profile? Login here, your username is the email used to create your profile.
- Questions? Contact Ryan Gleeson at rgleeson@AOPAnet.org.
O&P Alliance Member Responses and Resources:
AOPA Event Updates:
- Coding and Billing Seminar scheduled for April 27-28 in Charlotte, NC has been rescheduled to July 20-21.
- Policy Forum will be held virtually Wednesday, May 6 from 1 to 2:30pm ET.
- 2020 National Assembly is proceeding as planned, hope to see you in Las Vegas September 9 – 12.