We are pleased to announce that for the first time posters will be presented electronically on touch screen displays. AOPA will create an e-learning lounge with electronic posters on continuous display throughout the Assembly. Poster presenters will be assigned two minutes to present their poster on Thursday, September 27 and Friday, September 28 from 4:00 – 5:00 PM. You are encouraged to be at your assigned presentation station to watch other presentations grouped with your presentation and to step forward to present when it’s your turn to do so.
- June 1, 2018 – Provide your head and shoulder photograph and short 50-75 word biography to firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 15, 2018 or before – Secure hotel reservations as they will likely sell out.
- August 15, 2018 – Complete the online Registration form using the code provided in your speaker email *for early bird rate*
- August 15, 2018 – Upload your competed poster online.
For your convenience an e-poster template has been created and is available for downloading online. Using AOPA’s template is optional. If you would like to create your own electronic version of the file, please see the specifications as outlined below.
- Each poster presentation should consist of two slides. The first slide should include your poster title, author names and any disclosures. Slide two will include clinical content.
- Windows Setup –
- Go to the “Design Tab”
- Click on “Slide Size”
- On the drop down menu choose 16:9
- Click “Custom Slide Size” set it to “Custom”
- Set to “Landscape orientation”
- Set “width” to 33.8
- Set “Height” to 19.0 in.
- Click “OK” to finalize
- MAC Setup –
- Go to the “Themes” tab and at the far left click on “Page Setup”
- Select “Wide Screen (16:9)”
- Select “Page Setup again holding left mouse button and go to bottom of the tab to select “Page Size” then select
- “Custom” and set the width to 33.8
- Then set height to 19.0
- Click “OK” to finalize.
- To ensure conformity on the computers that will be used, please Google “fonts common to Mac and PC” and only use those fonts.
- Please submit your completed poster online no later than August 15, 2018. When uploading your file, please name the document using your last name as the beginning of the file name and save the document as a .PPT or .PPTX file.
Should you have questions please contact:
Phone: (571) 431-0876